this was in my drafts. i dont want to delete it so… here you go. college.
im working very hard on homework. very diligently.
Resist the belief that you know everything about the issue already. Feminism is an actual field of study. As with any field of study it should be entered with an absence of preconceptions. If a woman has strong feelings about women’s issues it doesn’t mean she spends all of her time sharpening her castration tools. Talk to women about what’s important to them. As you learn more you’ll understand more in the same way that a budding engineer might gradually grow to understand a complex blueprint. If your first instinct when you hear the word “feminist” is to say “those man-haters want equality but they still want me to pay for everything hurf durf!” then you currently have as accurate an understanding of feminism as a confectioner would have of a Titan II missile schematic. You know those congressmen who say that Grand Theft Auto IV is a “crime simulator” that is “training new felons?” That’s you and feminism.
I know you can do better."
"To many male gamers, feminist just means “someone who will not tolerate the only jokes I know how to make."
i don’t know if i already posted this, but the article is a really fantastic look at male-dominated gamer culture and all of its problems.
someone who will not tolerate the only jokes I know how to make
SOMEONE WHO WILL NOT TOLERATE THE ONLY JOKES I KNOW HOW TO MAKE
Perfect phraseology is perfect.
hachikuji-mayoichan asked: I'm not well informed on the subject but I think most people don't put up with feminism because it gets a bad name if you get what i'm saying? I wouldn't call myself a feminist but I fully belive in equal rights in every single way for everyone even though I don't know how to go about expressing that. But I think the media gives it a bad name because in my experience you only hear of the bad things of feminism like open or public acts of violence and all that.
thinking like that is super defeatist and what the media is doing is the same thing it does with all protesters and ideas they’re scared of. You saw the the exact same thing with african american protesters during the civil rights movement, with peaceful protests being depicted as violent after a minor incident. The trick here is to call yourself a feminist and set a good example, and not fall prey to this self fulfilling prophecy of only radicals describing themselves as such because of the media’s portrayal of it as being radical.
Character development thing.
Plot points on this chart to represent how important these different aspects of a character’s life are to them. By doing that you can help determine what type of things your character deems to be most meaningful in their life, especially compared to others aspects.
A brief explanation of each aspect is below in case you’re confused about the meaning of any.
- Strength: to have physical power and strength
- Sex: to have sexual gratification and satisfaction
- Possessions: to have objects and tangible things
- Health: to have physical health and stability
- Appearance: to have a good external appearance
- Love: to love and be loved, romantically or otherwise
- Appreciation: to be appreciated by others
- Attention: to be paid attention to
- Security: to feel secure emotionally
- Approval: to be approved by others
- Respect: to be respected
- Friendship: to have friends
- Intimacy: to be intimate with a partner or partners
- Belongingness: to feel needed and belonged
- Family: to be on good terms with/have a family
- Inner peace: to be content with themselves
- Purpose: to feel as though they are fulfilling a purpose
- Self-sufficiency: to feel that they are able to provide for themselves
- Growth: to feel as though they are growing and changing
- Acceptance: to be able to accept themselves without consequence
This is an absolutely amazing exercise and I certainly recommend doing it.
Listen here kid *takes a long drag from a cigarrette* ain’t nobody heard from that there Homestuck fandom in years. They say most of em went crazy afta some freak accident or some shit with clowns *smashes cigarrette under foot* I hear they all skipped town, found new fandoms…. But there’s a few mad ones left in there I tell ya, and they’ll eat your face boy if you take a one damn step near em